J&Josh Limited - with registered office at Kemp House, 160 city road, London, Greater London, EC1V2NX, England - is the primary data controller for the personal data collected on its site.
Personal data of customers is treated according to the General Data Protection Regulation. Where we use third-party service providers based outside of the European Economic Area, we may use specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe. Where we use third-party service providers based in the US, we may transfer data to them if they are part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between Europe and the US.
DATA WE COLLECT
We collect the following data:
- Personal Data collected directly from customers through the purchase process: name, phone number, postal address, email address. Our legal basis for the collection and processing of this data is the accurate and safe delivery of the products purchased by the customer.
- Personal Data collected automatically from the use of our website. The data transmitted from the viewer's browser includes IP address, the date and time of the visit, the pages accessed, the access status/HTTP status code, browser type, operating system used and interface, as well as the language and version of the browser software. The legal basis for collecting and processing this personal data is to be able to provide the viewers with a better user experience and more personalised and relevant content.
HOW WE USE YOUR DATA
We use the personal information we collect to provide and improve our services, provide you with a personalised experience on our sites, contact you about your account, provide you customer service, provide you with personalised advertising and marketing, and detect, prevent, mitigate and investigate fraudulent or illegal activities.
We process personal data for purchases, payments, customer support and fulfilment to enable us to perform our contract with you; where your contact details and transactional information are processed.
We process personal data relating to your interaction (transactions, site visits, app usage) with www.jandjosh.com to enable us to personalise your experience with www.jandjosh.com. This processing constitutes profiling under the GDPR and we process your personal data in this way as it is in our legitimate interest to offer you a personalised experience on our sites and to provide you with personalised advertising and marketing.
We retain your personal information as long as it is necessary and relevant for our operations. In addition, we may retain personal information from closed accounts to comply with legal requirements, prevent fraud and resolve disputes. Where a legal requirement obliges the retention of personal data for a specific minimum period, we will retain data for at least that period. When we determine the maximum retention duration of any personal data we hold we do so with regard to our legitimate interests to retain data, our obligation under GDPR to minimise data we hold with what we do hold as personal data being kept proportionate; the nature, and sensitivity of the personal data and the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data.
We use and retain your personal information to provide, improve and personalise our service to:
- Customise, measure and improve our services
- Hold views between web and mobile sites, deep linking and device linking
- Provide other services requested by you as described when we collect the information
Where we have the right to do so, we shall use and retain your personal information to personalise communications, to contact you, either via email, telephone, social media, text messages or postal mail in order to inform you of account activity, delivery fulfilment and marketing related activity.We use and retain your personal information to prevent, detect, mitigate and investigate fraudulent or illegal activities. This will involve machine learning-based statistical analysis which permits the identification of buying patterns and allow us to further personalise your experience.We retain your personal information as long as it is necessary and relevant for our operations. In addition, we may retain personal information from closed accounts to comply with legal requirements, prevent fraud and resolve disputes. After it is no longer necessary for us to retain your personal information, we dispose of it securely according to our data retention and deletion policies.
COLLECTIONS & COOKIES
We collect, process and retain personal information from you and any devices you may use when you navigate to a www.jandjosh.com web or mobile view, by transacting, registering an account and otherwise interacting with us.
We capture customer data, purchase data and browsing behaviour as part of the www.jandjosh.com loyalty programme. This is so we can optimise and personalise your experience with www.jandjosh.com.
The personal information we collect includes the following:
- Personal information including payment related information you give us when you register or purchase through the site or mobile app;
- Content that you generate when interacting with our customer services team including details we require to contact you and verify your identity;
- Content we generate via machine learning algorithms as they apply to personalising your experience by curating more specifically the items you have an interest in, as well as supporting general service optimisation;
- Other content that you generate through browsing activity including intended purchases, your marketing preferences, completion of surveys, wishlists, and participation in promotional activity; and
- Device identifiers such as IP addresses, cookie IDs, IDFAs and other device identifiers, as well as geolocation information, IoT technologies and connection information such as statistics on your page views, traffic to and from the sites, referral URL, ad data, your browsing history, hashed email addresses, and your weblog information.
If you give us personal data about someone else, you must do so only with their explicit and prior consent.
We may allow you to share information with social media sites, or use social media sites to create your account or connect your account with the respective social media site. Those social media sites may give us automatic access to the certain personal information retained by them about you (e.g. content viewed by you, content liked by you and information about the advertisements you have been shown or may have clicked on). Where this information is received by us, we will use this information to further personalise your experience with www.jandjosh.com.
Cookies are text files stored on your computer when you visit web pages.
To make full use of the online shopping and personalised features on www.jandjosh.com, your computer, tablet or mobile phone will need to accept cookies, as we can only provide you with certain personalised features of this website by using them.
For further information about cookies: www.allaboutcookies.org.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies.
You can control how we send personalised marketing, from the My Account section of a registered account. Accessing Manage Preferences allows you to control how we communicate with you. If you do not wish to receive marketing communications from us, you can unsubscribe from the link in the email you received, or by changing your Marketing Preferences.
- Payment providers to facilitate purchases
DISCLOSURE & SECURITY
We may disclose your personal information to authorised third parties. We do not disclose your personal information to third parties for marketing purposes.
We protect your information using measures that reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure and alteration. We minimise the amount of personal information we disclose to what is directly relevant and necessary to accomplish the specified purpose.
In so doing we may disclose your personal information to authorised third-party service providers who help us to provide our services such as:
- Fulfilment providers to facilitate order management, packaging and delivery
- Marketing and advertising providers in order to personalise your experience
We do not disclose your personal information to third parties for marketing purposes.
Where legally compelling grounds exist, we may also disclose your personal information to governmental and law enforcement agencies, and otherwise in the defence of legal claims.
We protect your information using measures that reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure and alteration. We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.